From the leaders of our Pre-IPO fund.
We invest time & money in companies run the way we drive our cars…
- They know where they want to go before they start (Worthwhile Goal)
- They start with a detailed map of how to get there (Execution Plan)
- They choose the fastest car & route they can find (Strategic)
- They drive as fast as they can (Aggressive)
- They keep their passengers “Safe” (Minimize Stakeholder Risk)
- They aren’t afraid to use their brakes or change lanes (Decisive)
- They scan ahead for openings in traffic (Anticipate external changes)
- They always consider alternative routes as traffic gets heavier (Flexible)
- They don’t ever run out of gas (Align incentives of All Stakeholders)
Intelligence is like a 4-wheel drive…
… it just lets you get stuck in more remote places.
— Garrisson Keller
Check out other recent posts: